The objective is to conduct the Corporate Cup on Saturday, June 3.
- Even with rain on Friday and Friday night, teams are instructed to be at UIW Saturday according to the schedule.
- Friday night rain in some part(s) of the city will result in phone calls, so check this mobile site (corpcup.org) for the latest updates.
- Team Liaisons should provide their Team Captains with both of the SAS numbers and with their own cell number for this purpose.
- Events will be delayed Saturday morning if there is heavy rain, with the intent of conducting the events when feasible (if it stops or becomes lighter).
- The presence of lightning is a different consideration and will be dealt with accordingly. UIW has a detection system in operation.
- After all efforts for Saturday have been exhausted, the event will be canceled for the year.
It's good eats from Kiolbassa and Corner Store, food trucks, tailgating, vendor row and a free beer garden, sponsored by Glazer’s. The Athlete Village is located between the Convocation Center, tennis courts and Benson Stadium. Don’t forget to adhere to the UIW Tailgating Policies, which includes no glass containers and a required fire extinguisher for all teams cooking. UIW staff will be circling the village every 20-30 minutes to dispose of any coals. Please contact your team captain to locate your company tailgating space.
Valero energy foundation tailgate contest
Valero Energy Foundation is rewarding the best team tailgate by division. Judges will be visiting each team area between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. looking for creativity, overall theme and decor. No entry needed, judges will look at every tailgate set-up.
UIW ATHLETICS T-SHIRT CONTEST
If your team is entering the t-shirt contest, team captains don’t forget to drop off your company shirt at the Information & Solutions tent by 9 a.m.
Kiolbassa Provision Company will be hosting our concession area located in vendor row, between the tennis courts and Benson Stadium. Stop by for a few $5 meal options available. H-E-B will be offering complimentary drinks and snacks in under their large tent in the east end zone of the stadium. And don't forget, the Glazer's beer garden located in Zone 1 of the athlete village – free beer for everyone 21 and older.
UHS Kids Fun Zone
For all the parents who want to come play with us but will have kids in tow, the UHS Kids Zone will be available to participants. Games and activities will be offered for kids, ages 4 - 14, on the set of tennis courts adjacent to the Athlete Village. Mini Corporate Cup games will include soccer kicks, sack races, hula hoops, bean bag toss, a giant parachute, and much more! Staff and volunteers will be onsite to secure signed parental waivers at the entrance and to help with child pick-up. The best part of the UHS Kids Zone – it's fenced in and contained!
Massage Heights at Deerfield Crossing will be in the house, so after you've taken your Corporate Cup photo, stop by their tent next to the Convocation Center, take a load off and have one of their therapist work out those tired arms from all of the beer bicep curls taking place!
OrthoNow Medical Services
To support competing athletes, the 2017 Corporate Cup will have trained medical professionals on site. A medical tent will be staffed with OrthoNow Injury Clinic staff, including doctors, nurses, emergency medical technicians, and certified trainers familiar with athletic and active lifestyle injuries or emergency situations. In addition to the medical tent, 2017 Corporate Cup athletes will be supported with five additional OrthoNow Injury Clinics strategically located within the competitive arena.